Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Posting Some "Office Wrestling" Images


A while back I was involved in the development of a game proposal for "Office Wrestling", a game idea brought to us by Emmy Award winning animation designer Dan Krall. While the company where I worked percolated on exactly what they might do with this proposal, another company announced a frustratingly similar idea, so that effectively ended "Office Wrestling". I'll post a couple more concept sketches here as soon as I can.

For the record, Dan was none too crazy about this direction for the visual development himself. I'm sure we could have made him happier with the full project, hopefully working with him on a more sophisticated approach, but unfortunately we never got the chance.

2 comments:

Jack Brummet said...

That would have been such a fun game to do. I love this sketch Tom. It definitely captures what we were talking about. I wonder if the other game ever even came out?

Tom Dougherty said...

I think it was a phone game or something. It wasn't what we wanted to do at all, but seemed to mine a lot of the ideas we had for ours. It's a shame, and I mostly feel sorry that Dan Krall's game was not realized.